Ethos, Vision and Values
Our School Ethos
We care about ourselves and others, and our school has a friendly atmosphere where each child feels happy and secure, growing in confidence, independence and self-esteem. We commit to everyone feeling valued, respected and show care and support for each other. We challenge each other to be the best we can be.
Our School Aims
We want all children to leave Harbour Primary & Nursery School being able to make the correct decisions for life so that they remain ‘ready, respectful and safe to themselves and others.
Our School Vision
By all the school community modelling the same shared vision, every child will become...
-better prepared to cope with life's challenges
-curious and respectful about our world
Our School Values
To achieve our aims, values and vision we will:
- create a school community where children feel safe and secure and are increasingly able to take responsibility for their own safety
- create an environment where children make informed decisions about how to keep themselves and others safe, both face to face and online
- provide an environment where children are encouraged to consider and play a positive role within the school and the wider community, now and in the future, and develop their sense of Citizenship.
- ensure that every child reaches their full potential, in a stimulating environment where children enjoy learning through an inclusive and exciting curriculum.
- develop an awareness and understanding of the potential of technology in the modern world to enhance their lives and learning.
- strive to support, encourage and involve all parents and carers in all aspects of their child’s education, both in school and at home.
- Harbour Primary & Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.